Our client is one of Canada’s leading importers and processors of spices, herbs and dehydrated vegetables and seasonings.
The Logistic Coordinator is responsible for managing daily operational requirements and managing all logistics coordination. The Logistic Coordinator has to make sure that all orders are processed and delivered on time.
Required experience and qualifications
- 3 + years of experience in a similar position;
- Capable to work in a competitive environment;
- Bilingual: English and French spoken and written;
- Positive attitude, Team player;
- Proficiency with Excel (Pivot Table, Formulas).
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments with brokers, warehousing and freight forwarders;
- Coordinate all aspects of shipment process, including booking, Packing list, BOL, Commercial invoices, CoA, Customs Paperwork etc;
- Tracking status on inbound and outbound shipments and keeping Purchasing and Sales Dep advised;
- Ensure shipments are released in a timely manner by communicating with customs brokers and cargo is delivered in a timely manner;
- Effectively negotiate rates with transport companies to achieve a profitable margin;
- Contact and maintain good relationships with transportation and freight forwarders;
- Follow up reasons for demurrage, storage, CFIA inspection – Keep track of all potential issues (Excel);
- Execute any other tasks required by the nature of this function;
- Weekly Container report (in bound);
- Ability to work independently, collaborate and communicate with the Team and with other departments;
- Ability to work with little supervision. The working environment can include long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer and on a phone.
Or apply via your